The Parker Family
3. Milton Kasper Parker was born on May 23, 1898. He married Margaret Jane Seals on July 4, 1919. She was born in Claiborne Co., Tenn. on June 2, 1901. Margaret Jane died on Oct. 1, 1925. Children of this marriage were:
- Warren G., b. Oct. 26, 1920, m. Kathleen Carmon.
- Esther Ruth Parker, b. Jan. 9, 1923, m. Ralph E. Pruiett.
- Charles Hubert, b. Nov. 22, 1924, m. Lucille Paquette.
Walking home from his young wife's funeral, M.K. Parker heard a voice saying, "Now you'll preach." Seems that Margaret wanted him to preach and he was reluctant to do so. Milton then went to visit his friend, J.W. Wright, who was a Baptist minister, and thus began his journey to the ministry. He began by speaking in local churches. Eventually he was ordained a Baptist minister. It was on one of his missions to a church in Vasper, Tenn. that he met and fell in love with the beautiful young Agnes Louise Rutherford. She was the oldest of a rather large family and had practically raised her younger siblings. Louise accepted his proposal and became his wife and also the new mother of his three little children. They were married by the Reverend J.W. Wright on May 14, 1926. She was born on Nov. 7, 1907. Children of this marriage were:
- Clautee Meridith, b. June 21, 1933.
- Milton K., Jr., b. Oct. 19, 1935.
- Paul Edward, b. May 14, 1938.
- Margaret Louise, b. May 18, 1942.
- Barney Arnold, b. March 21, 1947.
- Donna Sue, b. Aug. 30, 1949.
- Cheryl Lynne, b. March 11, 1952.
4. Roxanne Parker was born in Powell Valley, Tennessee on Dec. 29, 1899. She married Silas Treece in Jacksboro, Tenn. in 1919. Silas Treece was born in 1899. He died in 1966. Children of Silas and Roxanne Treece were:
- Ruby, b. Jan. 19, 1920.
- Gurney, b. 1922.
- Gifford, b. 1924.
- Louise, b. 1926.
- Gerald, b. 1928.
- Alice, b. 1930.
- Stella, b. 1935.
5. Cora Louella Parker was born in Powell Valley, Tennessee on Aug. 4, 1902. She died in 1909 at the age of seven.
6. Carralee Parker was born in Powell Valley, Tennessee on Aug. 8, 1904. She first married Otis Miracle and then Turley Lay. Aunt Carrie died in Michigan in 1940. She is buried in Sharp's Cemetery in Caryville, Tenn. beside her mother and father.
7. Stella Dean Parker was born in Powell Valley, Tennessee on Dec. 25, 1906. She married William Arby Russell in 1936. Children of this marriage were:
- Betty Jane, b. 1938.
- William Arby, Jr., b. 1939.
- Judith Elaine, b. 1942.
8. Ditmus Thomas Parker was born in Powell Valley, Tennessee on May 16, 1908. He married Laura Presnell who was born on Jan. 20, 1909. She was the daughter of Dave and Minnie Presnell of Caryville, Tenn. They married on Dec. 24, 1924. She was 15 and he was 16. Their son, Russell, was 18 months old when Dit had his 18th birthday. Children of this marriage were:
- Russell Dean, b. Nov. 14, 1925.
- Faye Elizabeth, b. July 18, 1928.
- Helen Marie, b. Feb. 19, 1932.
- Jack, b. Nov. 16, 1933 in Monroe, Mich.
- Naney Jane, b. March 27, 1936.
- Margaret Jean b. March 23, 1938.
- Earl, b. Feb. 24, 1940.
- Mary Ruth, b. March 28, 1942.
- Jerry Wayne, b. April 4, 1945.
- Sandra Kaye, b. July 13, 1949.
This brings us to the end of the children of Barnett J. Parker and Louisa Jane Parker. We now move to the next generation starting with the children of Milton K. Parker and Margaret Jane Parker. His first marriage produced the following children and grandchildren:
1. Warren G. Parker was born on Oct. 26, 1920 in Claiborne Co., Tenn. He married Kathleen Carmon who was born in Casey Co., Ky. They were married on Sept. 23, 1944. Kathleen was born on Dec. 3, 1921. She was the daughter of Dudley and Corinne Carmon. Children of this marriage were:
- Janice Maureen, b. Oct. 11, 1946.
- Barbara Lee, b. Aug. 14, 1948.
- Warren Gerald, b. Dec. 27, 1949.
- Marilyn Jo, b. Sept. 27, 1951.
2. Esther Ruth Parker was born on Jan. 9, 1923 in Caryville, Campbell Co., Tenn. Ruth married Ralph Ellis Pruiett on July 10, 1943 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ralph was the son of William E. and Erma May (Brown) Pruiett. He was born on Jan. 13, 1919 in Cincinnati, Hamilton Co., Ohio. Children of this marriage were:
- Ralph Ellis, Jr., b. Jan. 17, 1946.
- William Milton, b. April 2, 1949.
- Linda Rose, b. June 5, 1952.
3. Charles Hubert Parker was born on Nov. 22, 1924 in Caryville, Campbell Co., Tenn. Charles married Lucille Yvette Paquette on Oct. 28, 1943 in Ashville, North Carolina. Lucille was born in North Troy, Vermont, on April 4, 1921. Children of this marriage were:
- Allayne Marie (Jackie), b. July 17, 1944.
- Richard Charles, b. 1947.
- Peggy Lynn, b. Dec. 27, 1949.
- Cheryl Anne, b. 1957.
- Teresa Yvette, b. 1961.