The Parker Family
The 1940 census shows Milton K. Parker living on a farm in Lincoln Co., Ky. about six miles south of Stanford. While the census indicates he was renting the farm at the time, this appears to be the same farm that he owned for the next 35 years. The two churches he pastored were nearby (within two miles as Ruth Parker indicated in her Memories) and some longtime neighbors, particularly the Watkins and Youngs, were living nearby. The two oldest children of Milton Kasper Parker and Margaret Jane Seals, Warren G. Parker and Esther Ruth Parker, spent a few years on the farm in the late 1930s and early 1940s; however, Ruth decided to pursue a career in nursing in Cincinnati (see Memories, Part 3 for more on her decision) and Warren enlisted in the Army just after Pearl Harbor. Charles Parker, who was living with his Aunt Stella and grandfather, Barney Parker, in Caryville, Tenn. enlisted in the Army Air Force later in the war, likely soon after his 18th birthday.
The three oldest children of the Rev. Milton K. Parker married within a 14-month period during the war.
Warren G. Parker, son of Milton Kasper Parker and Margaret Jane Seals, married Kathleen Carman, daughter of Dudley and Corinne Carman, on Sept. 23, 1944. She was born on Dec. 3, 1921 in Casey Co., Ky. They had the following children:
- Janice Maureen Parker, b. Oct 11, 1946.
- Barbara Lee Parker, b. Aug. 14, 1948.
- Warren Gerald Parker, b. Dec. 27, 1949.
- Marilyn Jo Parker, b. Sept. 27, 1951.
Esther Ruth Parker, daughter of Milton Kasper Parker and Margaret Jane Seals, married Ralph Ellis Pruiett, son of William Ellis Pruiett and Erma May Brown, on July 10, 1943. He was born on Jan. 13, 1919, in Cincinnati, Ohio. They had the following children:
- Ralph Ellis Pruiett, Jr., b. Jan. 17, 1946, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- William Milton Pruiett, b. April 2, 1949, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Linda Rose Pruiett, b. June 5, 1952, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Charles Hubert Parker, son of Milton Kasper Parker and Margaret Jane Seals, married Lucille Yvette Paquette on Oct. 28, 1943 in Ashville, N.C. She was born on April 4, 1921 in North Troy, Vermont. They had the following children:
- Allayne Marie (Jackie) Parker, b. July 17, 1944, in Newport, Vt.
- Richard Charles Parker, b. March 4, 1947, in Newport, Vt.
- Peggy Lynn Parker, b. Dec. 27, 1949, in Holyoke, Mass.
- Cheryl Anne Parker, b. Nov. 8, 1957, in Denver, Colo.
- Teresa Yvette Parker, b. July 13, 1961 in Marysville, Calif.
Rev. Milton Kasper Parker died on July 27, 1977 in Lincoln Co., Ky. He is buried at Fairview Baptist Church Cemetery in Stanford, Lincoln Co., Ky. alongside his second wife, Agnes Louise (Rutherford) Parker who died on Feb. 21, 1975 in Lincoln Co., Ky. Warren G. and Kathleen Parker are also buried there.